Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween: Eerie Moonlight Nails


I wanted to create a look of the eerie moonlight so I used China Glaze's Bizarre Blurple, from this year's Halloween Collection, as a base colour. To get the moonlight glow, I mixed two colours together, a light yellow (from Etude House) and OPI's Let's See The Ring. Since the OPI colour is a pearl white, it gave this pearly yellow colour which is what I wanted for the glow. This was sponged onto my ring finger, which you can see is brighter than the rest of the nails. On the other nails, I sponged on a grey which I mixed by myself too. The same OPI colour plus black polish and I added a little drop of yellow. I intended to make a 'fog effect' but.... I guess it didn't turn out that well. I only drew the designs on after coating two coats of OPI's Zom-body To Love.


















Ok. Here is my left thumb and my right thumb. On the left thumb is the sponged on yellow and the right is the grey. The yellow has a nicer eerie glow than the foggy grey.

Sorry about the drawings. I can't seem to paint the lines thinly, so the tree turned out kinda ugly. Maybe I should have used a stripper brush instead. And obviously I paint even worse with my left hand. :/
And once again, Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment