Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Flora Chinese New Year Nails (2013)


I intended to do a set of flora nails, but I thought that sticking the dried flowers on a plain colour itself would be too plain and boring for my liking. I remembered seeing a tutorial on splatter nails somewhere and thought that a combination of splattered nails and the small dried flowers would be pretty CNY-ish. (photos of the dried flowers below).

I used a white base so that the other colours would stand out. I placed some polish into a straw and blew it out onto the nails, but I have really bad aim, I kept missing my nails. Haha! So I had to keep trying. Sadly, a lot of the pretty splatter designs are on the news papers I placed my hand on. (Please remember to place something below your hand before trying the splatter method.) After that, I pinched out the flowers and sprinkled it onto the nails. Top coat and you're done! 



No comments:

Post a Comment