Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Nails!

Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year. There's something so festive and joyful about it. :)

Anyway, this year I had requests from my friends to do their nails for them, so I came up with a few rough designs, some with reference to online sources. 


This design is based on a snowy theme. There's a snowflake on the thumb, a snowman on the middle finger and icicles on the pinky. The alternate dark and light blue was my friend's idea, and it turned out really nice! I feel that the dark blue does give more contrast to the design. 


This set of nails was inspired by a photo of reindeer nails I saw online. I thought having the reindeer face on the nail was really cute. But I didn't want every nail to have a reindeer face, so I added the antlers. Initially, I left the middle nail a plain white, but my friend wanted the silver glitter stripes. Turned out it really looked more festive after adding the stripes. Both the pinky and thumb are just a plain brown (OPI Wooden Shoe Like To Know).

No comments:

Post a Comment